Our special attractions
- We are more than a hotel, a holiday home, or a guest house. We offer a space to "be" and to "become".
- We are located just beside Udawattekelle forest, just 10 minutes' walk from the city.
- Well bath – for those who want a fresh water bath in an open-air bathing space – for cool invigorating "baths" with a bucket and rope! A well bath is not a wash to get clean... it is an invigorating water confrontation!
- Wildlife - monkeys, porcupine, mouse deer, birds, and chipmunks visit the garden - but only if you are quiet!
Other facilities and services available
- Home-cooked meals: These can be provided at a considerable saving over restaurant rates. If you are sole occupants of the cottage, special diets can be catered for by arrangement.
- Bring your own groceries: If you have booked the entire house, you may supply the food yourself, and it will be cooked to your instructions.
- Bed linen and towels.
- Hot and cold showers in the bathrooms.
- Telephone facilities: IDD calls may be made from the cottage with a prepaid card purchased from the manager. Guests may receive incoming calls on this line.
- Mobile phones: For foreign guests, a mobile phone SIM Card can be
hired for your stay there, if you have your own (unlocked).
- Internet access: Highspeed, broadband. You can connect your own laptop to our network and enjoy the benefits of a high speed connection. Instructions in each room. Unfortunately we cannot provide computers for our guests.
- Staff: Kumar, the residential Manager, is helpful, supportive and friendly.
- Laundry service: available by arrangement, for a small charge.
- Transport: the manager can help you with your travel needs - from booking local taxis, to arranging airport transfers and trips to tourist sites in air-conditioned comfort.
- Parking: available for 2 cars; no charge. Accommodation is available for a driver free of charge, if booked in advance, and meals can be provided for a modest charge.