- A place to reflect, meditate or write.
- A refuge to recover
- A space to explore creativity and art.
- An opportunity to think about issues of justice, culture, history, past and present.
- A niche of wilderness and beauty that you can savour.
- A chance to explore and interact with the culture and people of Kandy - both its past and its present.
Our rates from April 2013The following offers and competitive rates are available from April 2013.
- Long term discount: approximately 50% discount on the standard room rate, after the 14th night. Unfortunately we cannot reduce the charges for meals.
- Free of charge for children under 12 years of age, when accompanied by an adult.
- Broadband Internet wired + wireless available free in the cottage and the garden.
- Laundry facilities at a nominal charge.
- Partial sponsorships: We know that not everyone who deserves to benefit from the space and facilities of Kandy Cottage can afford the costs. Let us know what you can afford and why you need to be in Kandy Cottage, and we will attempt to find you a partial sponsorship, jointly financed from our revenues and generous contributions from Friends of Kandy Cottage.
These Bed & Breakfast rates apply for any day of the week for any time of year except during 'peak seasons' mentioned below. Make your reservation early to avoid disappointment.
|Standard B&B Rate (first 14 nights only)||One person||Two||Three||Four|
|Bedroom 1: "The Creative Space"||Rs 2,500||Rs 4,600||N/A|
|Bedroom 2 (en-suite): "The Moonlit Space"||Rs 4,100||Rs 6,200||Rs 8,300
|Bedroom 3 (en-suite): "The Friendly Space"||Rs 3,700||Rs 5,800||Rs 7,900||Rs 9,900|
|Kandy Cottage||Rs 6,100||Rs 8,200||+ 2,100 per person (max 8)|
Rates are subject to a 'peak
season' supplement of Rs. 1,000 per room per night (does
not depend on the number of occupants)
Peak Season: 1st July to 31st August 2013 & 1st December 2013 to 28th February 2014.
- Lunch and Dinner provided at Rs. 600 per person for each meal, a variety of menu options are available.
- A Special Sri Lankan Rice & Curry spread which would include either a Chicken, Beef or Fish preparation is provided at Rs. 900 per person
- Dessert included for a nominal Rs. 100 extra
- Guests staying for longer than a week are also welcome to supply groceries and have meals cooked for a nominal charge
Cancellation Policy: A full refund
of 100% when cancelled 3 months prior to the date of arrival;
and a partial refund of 50% when cancelled 1 month prior to
the date of arrival. Because Kandy Cottage refuses other
requests based on advanced reservations cancellations
made less than 30 days prior to the date of arrival don't
qualify for a refund. However, in such a case, Kandy Cottage
will permit guests to apply their payment towards a subsequent
stay at Kandy Cottage for up to 1 year from the cancelled
Currency Conversion: All
in given in Sri Lankan Rupees. For an approximate conversion
rate that is updated daily, you can check interbank exchange
rates of the Central Bank of Sri Lanka.
Online Payment: When
pay online the effective rate is between 5 to 6 percent less
than interbank rates. This is because interbank rates are only
available for trades between banks, with rates to retail traders
being less favourable; and also because of the charges incurred
in processing online payments. The online payment option of
Kandy Cottage seeks to provide guests with an economical option
for remitting payment. Kandy Cottage only seeks to recover costs
and makes no financial gain from processing online payments.