- A place to reflect, meditate or write.
- A refuge to recover
- A space to explore creativity and art.
- An opportunity to think about issues of justice, culture, history, past and present.
- A niche of wilderness and beauty that you can savour.
- A chance to explore and interact with the culture and people of Kandy - both its past and its present.
Our rates from April 2017The following offers and competitive rates are available from April 2017.
- Long term discount: approximately 50% discount on the standard room rate, after the 14th night. Unfortunately we cannot reduce the charges for meals.
- Free of charge for children under 12 years of age, when accompanied by an adult.
- Wi-Fi available free in the cottage.
- Laundry facilities at USD 5 per load.
- Partial sponsorships: We know that not everyone who deserves to benefit from the space and facilities of Kandy Cottage can afford the costs. Let us know what you can afford and why you need to be in Kandy Cottage, and we will attempt to find you a partial sponsorship, jointly financed from our revenues and generous contributions from 'Friends' of Kandy Cottage.
The following Bed & Breakfast rates apply for any day of the week for any time of year except during 'peak seasons' mentioned below. Make your reservation early to avoid disappointment.
|Standard B&B Rate (first 14 nights only)||One Guest||Two||Three||Four|
|Bedroom 1: "The Creative Space"
|USD 25||USD 45||N/A||N/A|
|Bedroom 2: "The Moonlit Space"
(en suite large)
|USD 40||USD 60||USD 80
|Bedroom 3: "The Friendly Space"
(en suite large / compact / family)
|USD 35||USD 55||USD 75||USD 95|
|Kandy Cottage||USD 60||USD 80||+ USD 20 per guest (max 8)|
Rates are subject to a 'peak season' supplement of USD 10 per room per night (does not depend on the number of occupants)
Peak Season: 1st July to 31st August 2017 & 1st December 2018 to 28th February 2018.
- Lunch and Dinner provided at USD 8 and USD 10 respectively per guest for each meal, a limited variety of menu options are available.
- A Classic Sri Lankan Rice & Curry spread for dinner which would include a meat of your choice can be provided at the rate mentioned upon request at least 6 hours in advance.
- Dessert and Bottled Water for Lunch and Dinner are included in the price.
- • Guests staying for longer than a week are also welcome to supply groceries and have meals cooked for a nominal charge.
Cancellation Policy: A full refund of 100% when cancelled 3 months prior to the date of arrival; and a partial refund of 50% when cancelled 1 month prior to the date of arrival. Because Kandy Cottage refuses other requests based on advanced reservations, cancellations made less than 30 days prior to the date of arrival don't qualify for a refund. However, in such a case, Kandy Cottage will permit guests to apply their payment towards a subsequent stay at Kandy Cottage for up to 1 year from the cancelled booking.
Currency Conversion: All rates are given in United States Dollars (USD) although invoiced in Great Britain Pounds. For an approximate conversion rate that is updated daily, you can check interbank exchange rates of the Central Bank of Sri Lanka.
Online Payment: When you pay online the effective rate is between 5 to 6 percent less than interbank rates. This is because interbank rates are only available for trades between banks, with rates to retail traders being less favourable; and also because of the charges incurred in processing online payments. The online payment option of Kandy Cottage seeks to provide guests with an economical option for remitting payment. Kandy Cottage only seeks to recover costs and makes no financial gain from processing online payments.